At an early age, I became emphatically convinced pain and family was synonymous. Living with the trauma from physical and sexual abuse, the loss of a child, abandonment issues, and horrible decision making, helped me develop a long and complicated relationship with anxiety and depression. It took over thirty years before finding the courage to change my life. The journey to finding myself and accepting who God created me to be, birthed some key baby steps that have helped me mature in my healing journey.
1. Everyone needs a safe place to fall. Someone who lovingly accepts your ugly cry and 3 day old under arm sweat. THAT, my dear is your safe place.
2. A victim-mentality must change to a victor mindset. At some point we are all held accountable for which we understand and it is up to us to correct it.
3. Healing includes proper placement of accountability. Own your stuff and yours alone.
4. It is okay to not be okay. But it is not okay to remain that way. I don't care how cute the shoes, that person has "stuff" too. Comparison and envy must be replaced with self-determination to be a better you.
I am a big believer in paying things forward, which is partly why I have chosen to open my life up in very vulnerable ways. Sharing various pitfalls and growing pains I endured while stuck in resentment, bitterness, and self-righteous anger. Only through this intimacy, have I been able to discover It is truly possible to heal from the unforgivable.
No one is meant to do life alone. This is a mindset I was challenged to accept, as someone who comfortably embraced isolation. Through my faith and determination to break generational curses, I learned the freedom in being transparent, sharing deep secrets in order to get the necessary help. Now, it is your turn.
Thank you so much for stopping by. For more soul healing steps click here. To pick up my book, The Prescription is in the Dirt, as seen in NBC, FOX, CBS, and USA Today, please click here. There are plenty of ways you can stay in contact with me. Do you keep an active social media account? If so, please consider joining my community on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Need to chat? Let's plan some time:
"The Prescription is in the Dirt", is a bold, funny, illuminating, and sometimes hard to swallow inspirational memoir that embraces the journey to healing, self-love, and acceptance. This book speaks candidly on the pain and trauma I have endured. Also, the consistent baby steps I learned along the way to walk in forgiveness and healing. It is now, available in eBook and Paperback version on Amazon.
During this 90 minute event Fatima will spend time sharing intimate details that forged her to crush the silent struggles she endured for years. Engaging in this event, you will be empowered to crush your own Elephants; no longer allowing them to control your life.
We will discuss:
* How To Prepare For An Important Conversation
* Key Steps To Effectively Share Your Viewpoint
* The Importance of Giving Your Pain A Voice
* Relationship Levels
* Deep Diving Into Personal Impact
You don't have to be a mess to get something positive out of this session. Besides, how bad do you have to be to change?